Having completed our first challenge on 10 July 2011, Jamie and Neil have decided to continue fundraising for Help for Heroes & Starlight charities, by static cycling in various shops across Hampshire, Wiltshire and Dorset. Jamie is also training to cycle stage 19 of the 2011 Tour de France (Modane to Alpe d'Huez) in the future. We hope to raise £20,000

All donations no matter what the size, will be graciously received and further add to our enthusiasm to raise even more money for our chosen charities. Donations can be made securely by following the links below. Thank you for your interest in our challenge, please pop back from time to time, to see our progress.

13 May 2012

The Bacon Butty

You know when you have a story to tell or an event to recall ? Well as any of you who follow this blog will know, that sometimes you forget one or two details. (That is why I am not a journalist). Well I forgot to add something key to the story.

Between 8 & 9 am Fri 11th May, Ben and Pete (friends from Middle Wallop) arrived at Tescos to give me a little support. Ben had visited early the previous evening. So I was suprised to see him again. Pete asked me if I would like a coffee and anything to eat, I thought what the hell I had burned of more than enough calories, so I asked him for a bacon butty from the cafe upstairs. Pete returned with said coffee and butty. Now I have to confess, this was definately not `The Finest` butty, but it was probably the best bacon butty I have ever eaten. I have no idea why, but I thought it important that I add this foot note.

Also Ben, Pete, thank you.

Back on the bike tomorrow, then some more hills and then some more hills.


Stephen Magers doing his bit
Me (Jamie) looking tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment